Being a Christian involves connecting with other people; Jesus shared his ministry with his disciples.
At First Christian Church our priority is to create opportunities for people to experience authentic community. We have many small groups that join people together for fun activities, to build deeper relationships, and to spur each other on in faith.
We have several small groups where the goal is that each individual's spiritual growth is nurtured through connected relationships. If you are interested in connecting with others in a small group, contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult Bible Studies / Small Groups
- P1:6 (Pastor's Bible Study)
- Sunday Mornings before worship, 9:25 a.m., in Knowles Cafe Led by our Pastor - Dr. Dunn. Coffee and Food available. We are beginning a study of the Parables of the Kingdom on January 22. The name of the group, P1:6, takes off from a verse in Philippians (1:6) where Paul writes to the Church: "Being confident of this, that God who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." We come together acknowledging two things: We are all in process in our journey of faith, and we trust that God matures our faith in community day by day. We read and study the Bible in a dialogue format where authenticity and openness to people's journey is valued.
- Friends in Fellowship [+] More
meet Sunday mornings before worship in our parlor
- College Students [+] More
- Modern Life - 2nd and 4th Fridays, 7-9:00 p.m. Modern Life is a home fellowship small group for adults, the purpose of which is to facilitate the establishment and deepening of our vital faith in Jesus Christ within the context of our modern lives. We do this through conversations and joyous fellowship that stimulates our vitality. In other words, we're learning how to live on purpose, and have fun doing it! Modern Life is hosted and lead by Wogbe Ofori (wo-bee) and his wife, Nancy Ofori.They live in Museum Park (approximately 1.5 miles from FCC). If you are interested in joining us, please email or call us via the info. below. Wogbe (wo-bee) Oforiwogbetwo@gmail.com (310) 936-6034 or Nancy Ofori email@example.com (818) 679-4650.
Additional Small Groups
- Disciples Women's Ministry: June Cook
- Disciples Women's Ministry Sunday Evening Group: Judi VanHorn
- The Refuge (Youth Group): Ashlee Driskell
Active Older Adults: Joan Berry - firstname.lastname@example.org
This group meets for lunch and enjoys fellowship together. The AOA usually meet for lunch the second Sunday of the month at 12:30pm at a nearby restaurant.
meets Wednesday mornings at 7:30 am at Tacos a Go Go
This new men’s group gathers for breakfast before work. The only agenda is building friendships and deepening relationships. Anyone is welcome and you are encouraged to bring anyone you’d like. Tacos a Go Go is located on the Metro Rail line on Main Street, just north of Alabama (3622 Main St, Houston, 77002). Parking is available on the street. If you have questions contact Pastor Michael Dunn: mdunn @ fcchou.org.
Contact the church office for details. admin @ fcchou.org or phone 713 526 2561.